Partially deaf and partially blind writer and editor Elsa Sjunneson-Henry walks students through the process of researching and understanding both conditions for fiction writing. Topics covered:
- Including causes, adaptive devices, and media examples
- Including the difference between Deaf/deaf culture, hearing aids and other adaptive devices, and media examples
- Ableism and how to avoid it
- Including the difference between Identity First and Person First language
- Genre Tropes
- Thinking Intersectionally
The class includes both the video recording of the live seminar plus supplemental resources and reading recommendations. All class materials are online, and a download link will be emailed to you after you complete your purchase.
Accessibility: The class video is closed captioned and a transcript of the video is available to everyone who purchases the seminar.