An increasing amount of fiction, including YA, features trans and nonbinary characters, but often cisgender writers don’t know how to avoid falling into harmful tropes or creating offensive stereotypes. In this Master Class, trans playwright Ashley Lauren Rogers provides writers with an understanding of the issues around creating trans and non-binary characters and narratives that can help you avoid common pitfalls.
This $55 Master Class includes:
- 1 hour lecture covering…
- Explanations of and the difference between gender identity, biological sex, and sexual orientation
- Appropriate language (including pronouns)
- The realities and dangers trans and non-binary people face
- Crafting characters that are whole people
- An extensive list of resources
- A transcript
All videos include closed captions. Resources are in PDF format.
Who Should Take This Master Class?
The class is appropriate for all writers (fiction, plays, comics, TV, movie, and games included) from all backgrounds and any skill level.
Still not sure? Watch this teaser: